- 6 Free Range Pork Sausages
- 500g Rigatoni (preferably Liguori brand)
- 140g Casalinga Friarelli Pesto
- Fresh Friarelli to garnish (tenderstem broccoli will do)
- 100ml Dry White Wine
- 4 tablespoons of Casalinga Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and halved
- 1 fresh, red medium hot chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons of Parmesan shavings to garnish
- Salt to season
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the garlic and chillies and fry for about 2 minutes stirring with a wooden spoon.
2. Remove the skins from the sausages and break up into chunks, add the sausage to the frying pan and cook until the meat starts to brown, then add the wine and cook for about 1 minute to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
3. Cook the Rigatoni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente, to do this cook for 1 minute less than the cooking time on the packet.
4. Once the pasta is cooked, drain, and add it to the saucepan with the sausages, return to a medium heat, stirring and tossing continuously for about 1 minute.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the Friarelli pesto, gently fold together for about 20 seconds to allow the pesto to coast the pasta.
6. Serve immediately each dish sprinkled with some parmesan shavings and Friarelli as garnish.
7. For an extra spicy kick drizzle with Levante Chilli Oil.