1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the garlic and fry for about 2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
2. Pour in the tomatoes, add 10 basil leaves and season with salt, cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes stirring the sauce every 2 minutes. Remove the lid and cook further on a low heat for 20 minutes stirring every 2 minutes.
3. Cook the farfalle in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente, to do this cook for 1 minute less than the cooking time on the packet.
4. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add it to the sauce, return to a medium heat, stirring and tossing continuously for about 1 minute.
5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the basil pesto, gently fold together for about 20 seconds to allow the pesto to coat the pasta.
6. Serve immediately each dish sprinkled with mozzarella balls, parmesan shavings and 4 basil leaves as garnish.